Posture & Gait Biomechanics & Orthoses
Pressure plate technology is used as part as a full Gait analysis.
Fitter Feet has computer sensors in the floor that measures the pressure under each part of your foot. Higher pressures cause pain, and degeneration of your foot structures.
These sensors also measure the time you spend on each foot, and the speed each of footstep. Feet that exhibit different measurements have been show to cause an abnormal pelvic and lumber spine movement. This type of asymmetry can be responsible for pains in the lumber back, hips and knees.
Fitter Feet have a gait laboratory that films you walking or running. These images are taken from the front view, side view and from the back view. It is possible to examine your movements in slow motion and freeze frame so that your posture can be studied in detail.
Fitter Feet examine at your posture from head to toe, and examine relationships between joints and limbs, as you move.
You will need to attend for an appointment for a clinical assessment of your problem.
X-rays can be taken at Fitter Feet For life and the results are available with in few minutes.
For Muscle and tendon damage an MRI scan or Ultrasound scan can be arranged so that your problem can be diagnosed and analysed.
Treatments include Foot supports (Orthoses). These insoles are made from a cast of your foot and contain a prescription in order to change the way you walk. This can prevent you overusing certain structures and help you recover from your problem.
Casts prevent movement and help fracture healing. They can also be used to help the recovery of severe ankle sprains, muscle tears & to aid the recovery of degenerating tendons & ligaments. Where possible, Fitter Feet will issue a removable 'Air Cast' so that you can sleep without a cast. It also allows you to wash and inspect your leg.
Product Features and Benefits
- A low rocker sole for enhanced comfort and natural ambulation
- A wide foot base offers ample room for dressings
- Ergonomic design to promote greater comfort
- Exclusive overlapping aircells offer superior swelling reduction
- Semi-rigid shells and adjustable aircells for secure support and protection
Reasons to issue a Aircast include
- Stable fracture of foot and/or ankle
- Torn or degenerated ankle tendons
- Severe ankle sprain
- Post-operative use
Patient information for Biomechancial Assessments at Fitter feet for life
First appointment: 45 minutes, £130
A medical history and history of your systems will be discussed.
A physical examination of you systematic structure will take place.
Your walking and or running style will be assessed in our gait laboratory.
The laboratory has cameras to film the side, back and front views. The images are played in slow motion so that each joint can be assessed for normal function and movement.
For example a leg length discrepancy can be masked when standing, but clearly apparent when walking.
You will be posted a gait report with recommendations.
Fitter feet has an X-ray tube so if indicated an x-ray can be taken to assess bone pathology. X–rays and other imaging is charged separately at standard fees.
An MRI or Ultrasound scan can be ordered to assess tissues such as tendons and muscles.
Costs For Orthoses
Hand Made Orthoses: £510.00
Commercial Orthoses: £68
See details below.
Hand Made Orthoses at Fitter Feet: £510.00
This Fee is inclusive of the following
- Computer Pressure Plate Gait Analysis
- Biomechancial evaluation of lower limbs. This will highlight abnormalities such as
- Restricted joint movements of the Hip Knee of foot
- Over tight muscles and tendon
- Weak muscle or tendon groups
- Three half-hour sessions with our physical therapy team to treat the abnormalities revealed by the biomechancial evaluation.
- A personal exercise programme printed diagrams with easy to follow diagrams for you to take home
- One pair of hand made orthoses
- A fitting appointment to check the fit of your hand made orthose
- A review of your orthoses after 6 weeks of use. It is important to review that your pelvic function is symmetrical when wearing your orthoses. Small adjustments can be made free of charge where necessary
Many of our hand made orthoses have a life time guarantee!
With recovering costs only.
Commercial Orthoses at Fitter Feet: £68
This Fee is inclusive of the following
- One pair of Commercial Orthoses: These orthoses last about a year, and are sometimes called 'temporary orthoses'. They are not ‘hand made’ for you, but they are accommodated for you by heat moulding. They also have additional medical wedges that are added to custom your orthoses. They are tailored to treat your symptoms.
- One Review appointment: Fitter Feet offer a free review appointment after four weeks of use. At this appointment your pelvic alignment will be reviewed to make sure your orthotic prescription allows normal symmetrical movement and that your legs are equal in length. Small adjustments can be made at this appointment if necessary with no further charge.